So, I met with my oncologist today. We’re going to schedule a scan and see if these increased numbers correlate with growth.
We may be reaching the end of traditional chemo efficacy. I’m setting up a consult with a research center here in Denver to talk about a Stage 1 Clinical Trial. I’m not sure if this is the right choice for me but I do want to explore my options.
My liver is still functioning normally so we really want to get this pain and discomfort under control. I have an appointment with my palliative care dr on Monday, so we’ll go over options for relief.
I’m not going to lie or sugarcoat this – I’m absolutely terrified this is the beginning of the end. I’ll weigh my options once we have all the information and decide what the best path is.
If I’m eligible and do commit to a trial, that will be the end to my jet setting ways. I’m really not sure I can commit to being just a sick cancer patient and then dying over continuing to travel and live as I’ve been doing until I most literally drop dead.
Thank you all for your support and understanding about this impossible situation I find myself in. Please keep those thoughts and prayers and love and light coming my way if you can.
I’ll keep you all updated as things get figured out.